Re: [Evolution] Problem with reply and other stuff (OT)

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 19:45, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 19:15, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
with that in mind, where should the editor put the cursor when you first
open the composer? there is only one place that makes sense and is the
easiest for everyone - no matter what style post you are doing. and that
position is at the top of the editor. this is the only logical place to
put it.

For what it's worth, I am (almost) exclusively a bottom/inline poster
and I agree that the most logical place to put the cursor is at the
top.

The reason is that even in bottom/inline(/middle) posting, you generally
reply to the points in the original email from top to bottom.  Also,
with this style of quoting, it is much more important to prune the
quoted text than with top posting, so even if you the cursor starts at
the bottom, you should eventually make your way up to the top anyway.

I hate "me toos", but here's one.  As a bottom poster, he's right, you
should start at the top, if appropriate reply inline, and if not prune
the unnecessary as you make your way to the bottom.  The only thing
worse than an HTML poster with no expressive formatting, is one who
replies with no pruning of the quote (that and AOL subscribers that
don't quote at all and write something like, "I say go with the third
option.")

Art Alexion                         ""-""
mailto:arthur alexion com           (©¿©)
AIM:aalexion                         «o»
SMS:                                  v
2679725536 messaging sprintpcs com