Re: [Evolution] IMAP speed

Yes, IMAP in 1.2 may be considerably faster for Courier IMAPd.

it's faster for presumably every server *except* uw.imapd.

Yeah, but still, do we have any idea why uw.imapd would be slower?

Anyways, I'd love to see actual numbers posted.  :-)

If anyone has a chance to run both Evolution 1.0.x and 1.2.0 against the
same non-Courier IMAP server and the same mailboxes, could s/he please
do some measurements and post the results here?

While I am not at all convinced that we should dismiss the issue as the
server's fault, it is a bit frustrating to not have any precise idea of
which servers are slower with 1.2 and exactly by how much.

(Yeah, we *could* do the testing ourselves, but we are kinda swamped
with other issues at the moment, so help would be welcome.)

--
Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>