Re: [Evolution] IMAP speed
- From: Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com>
- To: Christopher Toshok <toshok ximian com>
- Cc: Marcus Brubaker <aurelius marcus rogers com>, Scott Otterson <scotto u washington edu>, Evolution Mailing List <evolution ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] IMAP speed
- Date: 19 Nov 2002 23:25:51 -0500
On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 23:52, Chris Toshok wrote:
On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 19:40, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
the other option, of course, is to just throw faster hardware on the
throwing a faster cpu and more ram at a problem is much much cheaper
than developer time (even for the end user).
which also applies equally well to the video game analogy.. i can't
tell you how many video cards I've gone through in the past few years.
tell me about it, I had to buy an all new computer to play NeverWinter
Nights. Minimum sys requirements on that bad boy are an 800mhz box with
256 megs of ram and a TNT2 and let me tell you that even with my new
1.67GHz Athlon box + 256megs of ram & a radeon 7500, it's still choppy
every now and then - all I can say is I'd hate to try playing it at
800MHz w/ 256 megs of ram & a TNT2. I tried on my Celeron 400 with 256
megs of ram before buying that new box and it was completely unusable.
evolution maillist - evolution ximian com
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.
fejj ximian com - www.ximian.com
] [Thread Prev