Re: [Evolution] Determining the account used for sending mail

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 12:56, Dan Winship wrote:
Why doesn't Evolution simply use the account in the "To:" tag when you
do an action on a received message?  If it can't find it, use the
default.  Sounds simple.

I didn't appear in the "To" list of your message. How does Evo know what
account to reply from? The default account will often not be right if
you have a bunch of accounts.

But that is when it (in 1.0) was supposed to fall back to using the
Evolution Source header (the always method in 1.1) - if you aren't in
the recipient list.  So in either case, for mailing lists, it should
work the same.  However, if someone emails one of my aliases, and the
Evolution Source is use first, it will NEVER use the correct reply.

The email address I use for this any mailing list is an alias, so for
mailing lists, neither 1.0 or 1.1 operation works.  But at least the 1.0
worked for non-mailing list emails.

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger