Re: [Evolution] 8-bit characters truncate lines

I have the same problem: swedish chars (å, ä and ö) work fine in the
message view, but mail addresses with these caharecters get mangled: Eva
B=?ISO-8859-1?B?9g==?=rjesson     instead of Eva Börjesson     . Even
stranger, the actual _title_ of the mail is not magled, but is fine.
Another variant is 'Ir  St_nfors    ' instead of 'Iréne Stenfors    '.
My 'locale' setting is 'en_US' for all settings (too many programs
exhibit very weird behaviour if I change to anything but en_US or C;
also, the characters work everywhere anyway).

A clue about the problem is visible in this mail (for me at least): the
'underline a link' effect at the '@' sign above stops after the ö --
i.e. 'rjesson    ' is underlined, but nothing before.  It seems as if
the editor accepts it as a printable character, but does not seem to
regard it as an actual letter.

If evolution is so locale dependent, there might be an idea to create a
simple howto on how to deal with locales; any effort I've made doing any
changes has only made things worse everywhere.