[Evolution] GPG integration is good, but questions remain

I did eventually get the GPG to work... turns out I'm a bit of an idiot.
I was trying to use a keypair for kerezman kgon com when I should have
been using rael zero kgon com 's keypair. Whoops. Once I got around that
little snafu it started behaving nicely. I can sign, and as long as I've
got my ~/.gnupg/options file pointing to the wwwkeys.us.pgp.net instead
of search.keyserver.net I can even get it to download sigs for email I
read from other list members. For instance, Sejal Patel's sig came down
just fine, and reads as "This message is digitally signed but can not be
proven to be authentic." Which is, of course, as it should be since we
haven't signed one another's keys. (There's a thought... an Evo
keysigning party? Nevermind, I'm too busy too.) Dan Berger's pubkey
hasn't been submitted to the pgp.net keyservers, so didn't automagically
download.

I'm curious: Where is Evo getting the "red text" for the digital
signature section of an email I'm reading (one assumes stout), and why
does it complain "gpg: cannot open /dev/tty: Device not configured"?
Oddly enough, it doesn't offer that complaint for the public key that
gpg wasn't able to retrieve.

Even so... this is stunningly cool. Dear gods, I may force myself to
engage in full-scale public key cryptography yet.

--
---
  Karel P Kerezman - IS Admin, Entercom Portland LLC - http://zero.kgon.com