Re: [Evolution-hackers] The component buttons mockup

'On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 23:50, Not Zed wrote:
> Why is that a bad thing?  I don't get it?  I like the way it resizes
> now, it would be nice if it did the same no matter what label you had.
>
> It would be nice not ot have the size fixed to some very wide
> horizontal width, like it was beofre the reflow stuff was done.

Yea. I dislike the empty spaces and staggered right sides of the
buttons, but otherwise the "reflow" thing is quite nice.

I made a new mockup:
http://primates.ximian.com/~tigert/evo/evo-buttons-mockup4.gif

Basically it's what we currently have, but with aligned right sides. The
basic idea how to achieve this would be:
      * Fit as many buttons on the line as possible (wide sidepane gives
        one line of buttons, narrow sidebar gives one column of buttons)
      * If the pane has extra empty space on the line, make the smallest
        button wider until the space is used completely
      * Making it even wider should result in buttons being equal width
        within a line

I hope you get the idea.

And comments welcome as always. I think it looks much nicer than what we
currently have and we can keep the reflow capability. Now how to
integrate the "icons only" functionality here?

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen :: Art Director, Ximian :: <tigert ximian com>