Re: [Evolution-hackers] The component buttons mockup

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 22:34, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 12:45, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 11:22, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:
> > I think I'd prefer 2x2 myself, with all buttons the same size. If we
> > want to be fancy, we could also make text labels be optional (like the
> > choice you get for typical browser toolbars), and then we could probably
> > fit all of them on one row :)
> >
> > I probably value desktop space more highly than other users, though.
>
> I'm a screen-estate junkie myself, and think that following the gconf
> key for toolbar state is probably a good idea -- i.e. label only, icon
> only, both.
>
> Personally my folder tree is quite wide (several nested IMAP folders) so
> 2x2 would be a better choice for me, or as Hans says just use icons and
> might all fit.

I was thinking of the same myself - even though it is not a toolbar,
what if it followed the toolbar labels/icons/whatever settings of the
user?

On the other hand, if we have an uneven number of buttons we dont want a
grid layout, since then you'd get an empty space. So if that is the
case, we need to figure something.
Why is that a bad thing?  I don't get it?  I like the way it resizes now, it would be nice if it did the same no matter what label you had.

It would be nice not ot have the size fixed to some very wide horizontal width, like it was beofre the reflow stuff was done.