Re: [Evolution-hackers] The component buttons mockup

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 04:16, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

> Check this out and let me know what you think, doing the buttons this
> way looks less chaotic :)
>
> http://primates.ximian.com/~tigert/evo/evo-buttons-mockup.png
>
> Another possibility would be a chessboard layout of 2x2 buttons, but
> that has an issue in case there will later be an uneven number of the
> buttons. Thus the one column version gets rid of that problem. If we
> will always have an even number of components, I can of course mock it
> up if you want.

I think I'd prefer 2x2 myself, with all buttons the same size. If we
want to be fancy, we could also make text labels be optional (like the
choice you get for typical browser toolbars), and then we could probably
fit all of them on one row :)

I probably value desktop space more highly than other users, though.

--
Hans Petter