Re: [Evolution-hackers] The component buttons mockup

Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason to confining these
component buttons to the left pane?

What about placing them "outside" the left and right panes?  While it's
not as "pretty" or appealing, has anyone considered using a tabbed
control for this?  Each "view" (mail, calendar, contacts, etc) does not
pertain only to the left pane--they each populate both panes, right?
This allows the the tabs (let's assume they're placed on the top or
bottom) to be quite long as they have the length of the screen.  From a
logistics perspective, this makes sense as the controls affect more than
the left pane.

Here's 2 quick-n-dirty snapshots that use buttons instead of traditional
tabs:

Bottom-mounted:
http://www.wheeloyum.com/evolution/evo-buttons-mockup-bottom.png

Top-mounted: