Re: [Evolution-hackers] The component buttons mockup

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 20:57, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> OK here is what Outlook does:
>
> 	http://primates.ximian.com/~ettore/outlook-sidebar.gif
>
> Note that if some of the horizontal buttons don't fit you have to reach
> them using the little arrow button on the side.

Yea, but those small "click here to see all the icons" -arrows are a
pain really.

I think we could just do the switch to icons-only at once, and if the
sidebar is narrow, use 16x16 icons. And make the sidebar minimum size be
the width of the buttons with the smallest icon size..? I mean, you
mostly want to have it a bit wider anyway so you can see your folder
names properly. In practice in Evo horizontal space is rarely an issue
with email for example, there is more than enough line width for mail
view. Of course the calendar does like wide displays a lot.

I mean, if someone wants to code the nice
one-by-one-pop-down-to-the-bottom hack, it's probably fine, but maybe
it's not worth the effort really..?

I'd rather then do something like Gimp does with the toolbox when it
reflows the buttons according to the width of the window. But that
leaves you with the "even number of columns, odd number of buttons"
problem.

Thoughts?

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen :: Art Director, Ximian :: <tigert ximian com>