Re: [Evolution-hackers] The component buttons mockup

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 19:51, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 07:02, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> > Yeah. Reload the evo-buttons3.gif - I removed the 2x2 grid stuff since I
> > think it is just extra crack. It looked nice but it doesnt really add
> > any extra value IMHO. The vertical text-beside-icons vs horizontal
> > icons-only is probably the simplest approach and the vertical should be
> > the default. Moving the pane smaller switches then to the horizontal
> > layout.
>
> Yeah this sounds nice, the only problem I see with this is that in the
> horizontal layout mode the sidebar has to be at least as wide as the sum
> of all buttons...  And when Connector is running, that's five buttons,
> i.e. a lot.
>
> I am not sure if there is an easy solution to this though.  :-(
>
> -- Ettore

It needs to be quite wide anyway because of the tree - calendar names
and such *are* rather wide, plus it is indented etc..

So I guess we could make the minimum size so that the buttons fit - of
course we should use the small sized icons from the icon theme when
resizing the pane smaller - that way we can get 5 buttons of 16 pixels
wide icons + button padding = not *that* much. And if one resizes it
wider it could switch to 24x24 and even 32x32 pixels. Icon theme
contains several sizes.

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen :: Art Director, Ximian :: <tigert ximian com>