Re: [Evolution-hackers] The component buttons mockup

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 13:37, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 11:34, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> > What if the button-pane was resizeable, and if one resizes the vertical
> > text-besides-icons list to a small one, it would at one point switch to
> > a horizontal line of plain icons without labels? Like the animation
> > example but without the 2x2 grid frame.
>
> That might actually work quite well in practise -- have a locked
> splitter (like the small month view in Evo1.2) which switches between
> the possible view modes.

Yeah. Reload the evo-buttons3.gif - I removed the 2x2 grid stuff since I
think it is just extra crack. It looked nice but it doesnt really add
any extra value IMHO. The vertical text-beside-icons vs horizontal
icons-only is probably the simplest approach and the vertical should be
the default. Moving the pane smaller switches then to the horizontal
layout.

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen :: Art Director, Ximian :: <tigert ximian com>