Re: SXSW stuff

Hi there,

On 4 March 2014 09:47, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
I was planning on doing 1:1 correspondance.  I had actually looked
into buying cookies with teh GNOME logo on it as an ice breaker.  I
got that idea from a gal who works at a bakery and was waiting at an
airport heading back to Portland.

That sounds like a lovely idea :) I guess we won't have time to put it
in practice for SXSW, but maybe next time?

Karen thought that getting some fliers printed out is a good first
step and give them out at concerts and what not.

Is this sorted out? Do you need any help?

Maybe we could get the engagement team to do some twitter
stuff using the #sxsw hashtag?

What do you have in mind exactly? Would be happy to give a hand with that!

Are there any talks or events should keep an idea on? I'm not really
familiar with the schedule.

But honestly, the outreach to get GNOME's name out is not the only
driver.  We are also looking to see how  other orthogonal
organizations do community outreach, or work with others. I'm looking
for ideas that we could apply to our community that has worked
successfully in others.  Something different.  Something fresh.

Yeah, SXSW definitely sounds like a good field for some research.
Looking forward to hear your insights when you're both back :)

- Fabiana