SXSW stuff

So I've been thinking deeply about what I think I should be doing at
SXSW in terms of engagement and I think there are two stories that I
would like to talk about there.

With SXSW, I get to talk to orthogonal communities, and one of the
things that really bugs me is the lack of participation in the overall
GNOME communities.  The people I interact with are generally been
core, active members.  But what do I know about the translators as an
example?  Or the GNOME Hispano team, the GNOME asian team?

I want to learn how we can make foundation closer together and I hope
that engaging folks at SXSW in casual conversation that we can come up
with some out of the box thinking.  I think this is a great problem to
solve and I feel really motivated to try to sovle the social problem.
But I also want to talk about how we are solving problems like
diversity by talking about OPW and our successes with that.  We don't
talk about OPW enough externally IMHO.  Diego and I were talking about
creating a story about GNOME and diversity in our conversations.

Strategically, I think this year as part of our goal in the engagement
team, we should look internally and work to make things better.  We
are getting contributors now, and not just from the usual GSOC and
OPW.  I want to hold on to that enthusiasm and get them quickly
integrated.

Anyways, I felt compelled to talk about what I am going to do there
since teh board has approved funding for me to go there.  I will try
to compile a report, maybe a running commentary on twitter, or g+,
mailing lists?

What about GNOME Foundatiaon list?