Thoughts on GNOME Release Notes

Hello,

I think that GNOME Release Notes should get some improvements.

1. GNOME Regressions
I haven't experience issues my self, but I read comments about tearing and flickering in GNOME Shell, and those are known bugs in X that affect Shell as well.
I also remember the ATi & GNOME incompatibilities. Shouldn't GNOME refer those issues on release notes?

Additionally release notes maybe should refer some of the things that are you going to work on the next version of GNOME.
This is different than 3.14 feature list, and it could include optimizations and improvements on the things that you didn't manage to include in 3.12 cycle.

2. GNOME Minimum and Recommended Systems
What are GNOME minimum hardware requirements and what is a recommended system to run GNOME 3.12? Where GNOME runs? Screen sizes? Touch Screens?
This can be different than what distros propose as minimum and recommended hardware.

3. Get GNOME Page
http://www.gnome.org/getting-gnome/

This page is poor and outdated. Furthermore advertising GNOME 3.12 in the gnome.org and pointing users to distros that are using older versions of GNOME,
without referring anything is awkward.

4. Where Release Notes are?
http://www.gnome.org/gnome-3/

I can't find any release notes about 3.10. Google  gives me that:
https://help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.10/

Which says that Wayland is a new feature on GNOME 3.10?!

Maybe you should revisit the whole process of release notes starting from 3.12 cycle ;)

- alex