Re: SXSW stuff

On 3 March 2014 10:46, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Diego Escalante Urrelo <diegoe gnome org> wrote:
I have a specific agenda item for this. I would like to make the
Outreach Games from 2012 a tradition at GUADEC.
I live under the impression that they were really effective to break
the ice between new contributors, and also old ones.

The games were absolutely fantastic, and we missed having them last
year. I'd love to help with those.

It would be nice to have them as "opt-in" rather than compulsory as a
(very) small minority of participants in 2012 were not happy that they
had to participate, some of whom have gone on to become Foundation
Members so it wasn't from a "don't want to get involved point of
view".