Re: setting some goals

On Sat, 2014-06-21 at 00:42 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Fri, 2014-06-20 at 18:05 -0400, Alex G.S. wrote:
        Except for charts (what kind? Gantt? Or some "Task 4 is 14.3%
        done" in a
        graphical way?), this sounds
        like http://bugzilla.gnome.org and not yet
        like a convincing reason for another piece of infrastructure
        software to
        maintain,
        IMHO. https://wiki.gnome.org/Bugsquad/ForMaintainers explains
        how to get a Bugzilla product and/or component, if wanted by
        the team.

Well, after browsing, https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi I see
software projects, apps and code so I don't know how we could utilize
the bugzilla for that purpose.

You wrote about the "ability to setup a sub-project" like a product or
component in Bugzilla "and have issue tracking" like a ticket in
Bugzilla and "each article could be a feature" which might be a
component or a dependency task in Bugzilla "and people could then be
assigned" which is a ticket assignee in Bugzilla.

Based on that I was wondering if a software project with subtasks,
target milestones and assignees for a task is very different from a
non-software project.
(But yeah, issue tracking systems were not designed for task and project
management, but some organizations [ab]use them for that.)

        I'm not sure though if there's really a technical issue to
        solve here
        (supporting tools) or a social 'issue' instead.

What do you mean?

I probably wanted to express that having to learn a new tool requires
convincing reasons shared by the team, otherwise a tool will not be
widely accepted and effectively used in a team.
+1

--
-mvh Oliver Propst