Re: setting some goals

On Fri, 2014-06-20 at 17:38 -0400, Alex G.S. wrote:
        How and why would "Basecamp, Trac or Redmine" help? Which
        specific
        features you consider critical are missing in our wiki or
        Bugzilla?

Specifically the ability to setup a sub-project and have issue
tracking.  For example things like the "Annual Report 2013" could have
been a sub-project and each article could be an "feature" and people
could then be assigned or assign themselves to that "feature".  If
problems happened during production "issue" tickets could be created
and resolved.  Then you could have charts that would allow you to see
how far along the project is.

Except for charts (what kind? Gantt? Or some "Task 4 is 14.3% done" in a
graphical way?), this sounds like http://bugzilla.gnome.org and not yet
like a convincing reason for another piece of infrastructure software to
maintain, IMHO. https://wiki.gnome.org/Bugsquad/ForMaintainers explains
how to get a Bugzilla product and/or component, if wanted by the team.

I'm not sure though if there's really a technical issue to solve here
(supporting tools) or a social 'issue' instead.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/