Re: setting some goals

Recently I've been swamped at work.  Also I've had a lot of ideas and opinions that may be disruptive and wanted to apologize in advance if that's been de-motivational for whatever reason.  What I would like to do is start a simple wiki page similar in format the the Design Playground but for Engagement for brainstorming so new ideas have a separate place to go and don't further add to the noise.   People could then check that page regularly to see if there are ideas they're interested in.

It's also really confusing to know what projects are currently in the queue.  People are overworked and I would like to help ease the load and make things go faster.  I don't know if we need something like Redmine or Trac but I think something like that would be really helpful and make things less chaotic.

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Oliver Propst <oliver propst gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, 2014-06-12 at 06:35 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> I think we've been floundering a bit, and I think we really need to
> get back and collect all the things we were planning on and then
> re-focusing and getting them written down and then use them in our
> meetings.
Agree.

> Our meetings have petered off and that is unfortunate.  I think that
During this spring have spend quite a bit of time and effort
on implanting some structures to our meetings, like test using the
Etherpad for notes and links, announce meetings in time, send
reminders etc.

I have been doing this practically alone and I realize there things
that still can be improved (like having a working VOIP solution),
but I think its wrong not to recognize the progress that have been
made.

> is probably the most important thing we can do right now in engagement
> is to get our meetings back on track and attended.
I agree its very important people try to attend the meetings, but I
again I think we are making progress in this area.

> One thing to do is to formalize the meeting time and get everyone on
> the same page on which time and date is convenient.
This is why I updated the meeting wiki page [1] with more detailed
instructions  and given it a more prominent position on the main
Engagement Team wiki page [2]

> Now that we have
> new members in other time zones we should do this as our first action
> item.
One of them suggested [3] 15:00 UTC as a good time for meetings.

1 https://wiki.gnome.org/Engagement/TeamMeetings
2 https://wiki.gnome.org/Engagement/
3https://mail.gnome.org/archives/engagement-list/2014-June/msg00018.html