Re: setting some goals

On Sat, 2014-06-21 at 00:31 -0400, Alex G.S. wrote:

        But yeah, issue tracking systems were not designed for task
        and project
        management, but some organizations [ab]use them for that.

        I probably wanted to express that having to learn a new tool
        requires
        convincing reasons shared by the team, otherwise a tool will
        not be
        widely accepted and effectively used in a team.

Yeah it's usually better to use a tool specifically designed for
that.  But since nothing is being used it's better if Bugzilla is used
even at least temporarily.  If anyone has any other suggested systems
please bring this up.  Perhaps if Oliver could run a poll we could see
what systems people are familiar with and choose that.

I think don't think the team needs a new tool for the tasks you
describes, let's not overengineering things [1] [2]. I would rather want
to  see a focus on getting things done with our current
infrastructure/tools.

1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overengineering
2http://www.retrorobotreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/The_Homer.jpg

--