Re: [Ekiga-list] Problems incoming calls.

On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 22:26 +1000, Bas Driessen wrote:
On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 13:10 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
Le dimanche 15 février 2009 à 10:01 +1000, Bas Driessen a écrit :

> > Are you using STUN in both cases?
>
> Not sure how to set that in Ekiga. In older versions it was an option
> in the GUI somewhere. The only STUN reference I can see now is in
> gconf (/apps/ekiga/general/nat/stun_server) I left this at the default
> which is stun.ekiga.net. Do I leave that setting like that even though
> I am going through a different VoIP provider?
>
> Also what I want to find out today is if the issue has anything to do
> with the Fedora 10 64 bit build. I have had several 64 bit issues with
> other packages in the past on Fedora. I see that there is also a
> Windows version of Ekiga. I am going to install that on a Windows box
> here just to find out if it is a platform/distribution related issue.
>
> What I did find out since last posting is that the issue is not
> related to re-registering. Once incoming calls do not work anymore,
> even if I manually go to accounts de-register, register, incoming
> calls still do not work. I have to completely shutdown Ekiga and start
> it up again for it to work.
>
> Will post back results.

What about twinkle, are you using STUN with twinkle or not ?

Also, could you post a -d 4 output to pastebin with a call attempt ?

OK, I believe I am starting to understand what is happening. My Router (Netgear DGN2000) has the feature SIP ALG enabled. If I disable that, then primarily testing shows that Ekiga is stable with incoming calls. The reason that twinkle works with SIP ALG enabled is that there is an option selected called "NAT traversal not needed" which has been selected. To be complete, Twinkle has 3 options:

-1 NAT Traversal not needed
-2 Use statically configured public IP address. (and an ip address can be entered)
-3 Use STUN. (and a STUN server can be entered)

OK, so now I have enabled this SIP ALG and disabled STUN with Ekiga, but no incoming calls now.

The way I disabled STUN is to remove the value in key /apps/ekiga/general/nat/stun_server (make it blank). Is that the correct way?

I would prefer to run Ekiga without STUN. Any additional I can set to disable the NAT traversal in Ekiga?

Btw, my testing on Windows and Fedora 10 64 bit have the same results, which is good!

OK, I have set SIP ALG to enabled, rebooted the router and removed the STUN value. I am getting incoming calls now with Ekiga. Now testing if it is stable.