Re: [Ekiga-list] Problems incoming calls.

On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 15:17 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
Le dimanche 15 février 2009 à 00:07 +1000, Bas Driessen a écrit :

> > > Thanks Damien. Tried that, but it did not work unfortunately.  Fedora
> > > release ekiga-3.0.2-2.fc10 update yesterday. Updated and also no
> > > change.
> > >
> > > Is it possible that the problem is on the provider site? If so, which
> > > value/setting should I ask them to set/use?
> > >
> > > Anything else in Ekiga I can set. Proxy for instance? Can I edit STUN
> > > settings in Ekiga? Any other ideas?
> >
> > I think you should ask them. What you could do also is reconfigure Ekiga
> > so that the registration timeout is set to 120 (2 minutes). That way, it
> > will register every 2 minutes with your provider. It will hide the
> > problem.
>
> I just tried before setting it to 30 seconds. Same problem. (The
> default is 60 btw, which is still faster than the 120 you suggest).

In that case, and if you are sure your modem is not the culprit, I
really suggest you to report a bug to your sip provider.

Thanks for your help Damien. As mentioned before, Twinkle (SIP client) works OK and is stable with the same VoIP account on the same machine here. That is what makes me believe that this is an Ekiga issue. Have tried it from my Fedora laptop as well. Same results. Too bad ...  Ekiga is so much better than the other VoIP clients, so that is why I am really desperate to get it to work.

Will continue testing, googling etc. Again thanks for your help today and will report back once I find the cause.

Bas.