Re: [Ekiga-list] Problems incoming calls.

On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 15:02 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
Le samedi 14 février 2009 à 23:26 +1000, Bas Driessen a écrit :

> > Perhaps the NAT binding on the router is closed.
> >
> > We send a 'probe' every 10 seconds to keep it alive.
> >
> > Perhaps you could try sending a probe every 3 seconds. To change this,
> > you can edit the following key :
> > /apps/ekiga/protocols/sip/binding_timeout
> > using gconftool or gconf-editor.
> >
> > Do not edit the config files manually, it won't work.
>
> Thanks Damien. Tried that, but it did not work unfortunately.  Fedora
> release ekiga-3.0.2-2.fc10 update yesterday. Updated and also no
> change.
>
> Is it possible that the problem is on the provider site? If so, which
> value/setting should I ask them to set/use?
>
> Anything else in Ekiga I can set. Proxy for instance? Can I edit STUN
> settings in Ekiga? Any other ideas?

I think you should ask them. What you could do also is reconfigure Ekiga
so that the registration timeout is set to 120 (2 minutes). That way, it
will register every 2 minutes with your provider. It will hide the
problem.

I just tried before setting it to 30 seconds. Same problem. (The default is 60 btw, which is still faster than the 120 you suggest).

Thanks,
Bas.