Re: [Ekiga-list] Problems incoming calls.

Le samedi 14 février 2009 à 10:48 +1000, Bas Driessen a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am using Ekiga 3.0.2 on Fedora 10 x86_64 (64 bit). I have a VoIP
> account with my internet provider and I have setup Ekiga to use that
> and that all works fine. However, within a couple of minutes, the
> incoming calls do not work anymore. It goes straight to the voice
> mail. If I de-register and register again, all works again for a
> minute or 2 and then same problem. Outgoing calls are fine and stable.
>
> What can be a possible cause and/or what can I do to further
> investigate. To eliminate the fact that it is not a
> router/infrastructure etc issue, I have tested with Twinkle. This
> package seems stable both incoming as outgoing. So the issue appears
> to be with Ekiga.
>
> How can I see how I am registered in Ekiga? I want to see something
> like this: <sip:012345678 192 168 1 44>;q=0.500;expires=360. As
> outgoing calls still work, registration must perhaps get confused
> somehow and change to something like:
> <sip:012345678-ksfjklfj 192 168 1 44>;q=0.500;expires=360 (I am only
> guessing) meaning that I am still connected to a sip server, but not
> linked anymore to the incoming number.
>
> Any ideas/tips/hints/solutions are appreciated.

Perhaps the NAT binding on the router is closed.

We send a 'probe' every 10 seconds to keep it alive.

Perhaps you could try sending a probe every 3 seconds. To change this,
you can edit the following key :
/apps/ekiga/protocols/sip/binding_timeout
using gconftool or gconf-editor.

Do not edit the config files manually, it won't work.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/