Re: [Easytag-mailing] Any plans for porting EasyTag to GTK-3?

> As I see, these are not problems in EasyTAG, but in checkinstall. I
> created a bug[1] with a patch for the first problem.

Hi Santtu
Thanks for investigating this.

I've sometimes found glitches before with Checkinstall.
But nothing so bad as this.
I've used Checkinstall with many other programs besides easyTAG.

Maybe the easyTAG code is too 'complicated' for Checkinstall to handle correctly.

With easyTAG now I use command:-
$ sudo checkinstall
then enter the fields manually.

This is the data that I use:-
0 -  Maintainer: [ root@ubuntu ]
1 -  Summary: [ Package created with checkinstall 1.6.2 ]
2 -  Name:    [ easytag ]
3 -  Version: [ 2.1.7+git20120608 ]
4 -  Release: [ 1 ]
5 -  License: [ GPL ]
6 -  Group:   [ checkinstall ]
7 -  Architecture: [ i386 ]
8 -  Source location: [ easytag ]
9 -  Alternate source location: [  ]
10 - Requires: [  ]
11 - Provides: [ easytag ]

By the way,
when I use command:-
$ git clone https://github.com/inzanity/easytag/tree/gtk3
There is error message:-
"Cloning into gtk3...
fatal:
https://github.com/inzanity/easytag/tree/gtk3/info/refs not found:
did you run git update-server-info on the server?"

So when I downloaded "inzanity-easytag-easytag-2.1.6-49-g8b6d636.tar.gz"
is it the correct version with your gtk3 changes?

Or is there a different command to use instead of this:-
$ git clone https://github.com/inzanity/easytag/tree/gtk3