Re: [Easytag-mailing] Any plans for porting EasyTag to GTK-3?

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, at 21:51, Santtu Lakkala wrote:

> > I only observed 2 issues which might be related to Unity and not
> > specifically to GTK-3 or EasyTag, though:
> > 1) The Log view did not appear (switching the setting did not help).
> The log view is probably actually there, it just seems that with
> default settings it's size is zero; so you have to drag the pane
> handle to see it (and before that you need to make the window
> taller).

Yep. I did try the handle but I didn't enlarge the whole window.
Moving the handle now works and shows the log view/pane. Thanks!

> > 2) EasyTag does not show up in the Application Switcher (Alt-Tab),
> > and clicking its (locked) icon in the dock re-opens EasyTag
> > instead of switching to it.
> Hmm, wonder why this is; wonder if it's the StartupNotify value in
> .desktop.

Strangely, when I tried to investigate this today, Alt-Tab and the
dock icon worked as they should. Don't know what's going on here, and
I did not change any settings. But of course, there are currently
plenty of updates coming in.

> I'll check whenever I have the patience to wait for Unity...

ACK. I am currently evaluating it from a sysadmin's point of view. So
far it doesn't seem to be in a stage that makes me want to deploy it.

--
-- Andreas