Re: [Easytag-mailing] Any plans for porting EasyTag to GTK-3?

> The correct detection is in the github fork[1] gtk3 branch.

Hi
I've tested this with Ubuntu 11.04 and Ubuntu 12.04.
I used "inzanity-easytag-easytag-2.1.6-49-g8b6d636.tar.gz" from github.

It compiled OK and installed correctly using Checkinstall. :-)

The version that's in easyTAG master git at
"git://easytag.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/easytag/easytag" will not install correctly using Checkinstall.

There is corrupt data for file name and version etc.
This confuses Ubuntu's dpkg package manager and Checkinstall.

Please can you tell me what is the difference between these two gits that causes Checkinstall to go titsup?