Re: Latex PGF plugin

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 10:53 +0100, Dirk Schenkewitz wrote:
Hi Guys,

momomaniac wrote:
Lars Clausen wrote:

I think that's a really bad idea.  It means that all but the most
trivial texts will look strange.  The Right Way, of course, is to make
it selectable, but until then the various TeX-directed exports should at
least agree on enscaping:  See message
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2005-December/msg00002.html.

OK, I now made a version with escaped text, like in pstricks, but with
some latex language fixed.
patch is here: http://home.arcor.de/kirmse/dia/escapedText.patch

However I will keep using the unescaped version for myself, since I just
want dia to place the latex code at the right coordinates. But I can
conceive, that it is better to escape for a release.

I don't know about either of these formats, but: Would it be "expensive"
to have two export filters, one with escaped text and one with unescaped?

That's possible, but I don't think it's a question of export, but of
diagram design.  After all, all the tex formats would want to do that
same, and you'd write you diagram with the escaping setting in mind.

I assume that it's not possible to give an option to an export filter.
Right?

It is not impossible, but it's currently a PITA to do it.  PNG export
(libart) has options, but I think it'd be as much work to add options to
another filter as to make a generic option system.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (lars raeder dk, larsrc gmail com, http://lars.raeder.dk)
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the