Re: Problems with dia-0.91-pre1

ÔÚ 2003-02-07 Îå µÄ 16:19£¬ Cyrille Chepelov дµÀ£º
Le Thu, Feb 06, 2003, ¨¤ 10:24:51AM -0600, Lars Clausen a ¨¦crit:

FYI, I just found out that the input method works with Simplified
Chinese, the only problem is dia does not respond to input method
switching hot keys. For example, I can change the focus to another
application window, switch the input to Chinese mode, then change
the focus back to dia and input Chinese characters.

That may well be true.  There's an Input Methods menu on the diagram menu,
too, which you should be able to assign appropriate hot keys to.

Yep, it would be very interesting to know whether the IM menu works for you
(Zhang Linbo), even without the hot keys.

In fact, if you could teach us westerners a couple of sequence of keys (am
I wrong in assuming that Chinese is written using an input method translating
sequences of Latin characters into the desired result?), such as the one which
produces the "Han" and "Zi" ideograms (which I'm not 100% sure I remember
off-hand, but I'm sure I have a graphic copy somewhere in both simplified
and traditional forms), this would be invaluable for testing that we didn't
break the IM menu. For the moment, all I could test with IM is that IMified
Cyrillic input works, and that I can type gibberish in some foreign-looking
scripts (but I have no idea whether it's correct or not with regards to what
I typed)
      (don't worry about the fonts; fc-cache is on the verge of demanding
me to switch to a 64-bit architecture, for exhaustion of the virtual
memory ;-) ).

      -- Cyrille

Thanks for your interests on the problem.

I'm currently using miniChinput for inputing Chinese characters which
transforms a sequence of lower-case letters into Chinese words, and in
which some hot keys are used to switch between different input methods
(i.e., different translation databases). The mostly used hot key is
ctrl+space, which toggles between Chinese and ASCII input mode.
With current version of Dia, the hot keys have no effect, but I
can switch the input translation database in another application,
then come back to dia to input Chinese characters (the Simplified
Chinese input itself works well).

I have just noticed another interesting thing that the hot keys
work well in all dialogue boxes of Dia except in the text fields
of a diagram, so I can use the hot keys to switch the input
context by first clicking, say, on the magnification prompt
(the box at the bottom-left of the window in which the
magnification factor is shown).

I have also noticed a possible bug in the calculations when
exporting an EPS file. Please see attached diagram which
generates floating point exceptions when exporting to the
EPS format ('nan' numbers in the EPS file).

LB