Link Error on Redhat 8.0

Hi,

I am using the latest CVS version of Dia. I am trying to compile the
application but get a link error.

The compile process ends with the following message "libtool: link: cannot
find the library /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.la'"
Yes, I don't have a libgobject-2.0.la but I do have a libgobject-2.0.so.
Should't dia link with this library rather than libgobject-2.0.la? I am not
familiar with libtool or which settings to use to get this linked. Any help
would be appreciated.

Regards
Gerrit van Dyk

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above and may contain information that is confidential and privileged,
proprietary to the company and protected by law. If you are not the intended
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Opinions, conclusions and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.