Re: 3.2 features: login screen

Hi,

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Brian Cameron
<brian cameron oracle com> wrote:
> Most of the discussion does not seem to be about the login screen as
> the subject line suggests.  I think this is because the original email
> in this thread lumped together GDM "shell-style greeter" topics with
> unrelated "installer setup tool" topics.  To me, it seems that issues
> with the installer has completely drowned out any real discussion about
> the GDM changes proposed.  In my experience, installer topics tend to be
> more controversial since you tend to get into more OS and distro
> specific issues.
Well it's not about an installer setup tool, but about a first login tool.
There's no installing going on here...

It's sort of akin to 602663 but dealing with more than just login
setup and at least initially only handling the initial-user case
instead of all first-login cases (with a way to bypass it for
situations where it doesn't make sense)

> In terms of the login screen, the mock-up[1] looks nice but seems
> underspecified.  I do not see why you would even need to use OpenGL
> or clutter, or even need to change the GDM code much to just make it
> visibly look like the mock-ups.
Well, we should leverage the gnome platform as much as makes sense, though,

--Ray