Re: 3.2 features: login screen

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Luca Ferretti <lferrett gnome org> wrote:

> If you missed the point, I'm asking about planned behavior and features
> for this first time assistant:
>     A. will it be only for "master" user or for all users?
>     B. will it allow some kind of customization by
>        vendor/distro/whatever?
>
> I suppose those are good question about a new feature like this.

Let me answer them.

A. The design is to run this only for the initial setup, when no users
exist yet. The large majority of systems nowadays are single-user,
anyway...

B. Not planned, no. This is intended to configure a handful of
essential things, not an open-ended list of things you might want to
set up if happen to know about them. If twitter-esque web services
become supported by 'online accounts', that would make it possible for
gwibber to pick up the configuration from there.