Re: Feature Proposal - Sushi

On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 16:36 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> I'll note that sushi should be using the normal (non-dark) variant of
> the theme when playing audio though. I'm sure the jury is still out on
> whether it should use the dark variant for office type documents.

Could you expand on why you think this is a good idea?
Admittedly, I didn't discuss this at long with the design team, but it
seems inconsistent to me to use a different theme depending on the mime
type of the displayed file, given that the chrome is composed by three
elements (background, toolbar and pseudo window-decorations).

Right now Sushi uses a custom CSS to define the color scheme, but that's
mostly a development placeholder while the dark theme shipped with newer
gnome-themes-standard makes its way into mainstream packages. I think it
should unconditionally use the dark theme when those are available (FWIW
Quick Look seems to use a custom dark theme too).

Cheers,
Cosimo