Re: Feature Proposal - Sushi

On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 16:15 +0100, Justin Joseph wrote:
>         As for the look and feel, can you be more precise? Are you
>         saying e.g.
>         Sushi should not use a custom/dark theme if the application
>         counterpart
>         doesn't?
>         The UI chrome for Sushi is *very* minimal - basically the only
>         clickable
>         elements are an OSD-toolbar that automatically fades out after
>         no motion
>         events are received in a timeout, and the close button, so
>         it's hard to
>         make it look like a full-fledged application (and it's not
>         what the
>         previewer is aiming for, too).
>
> It could be better if the UI matches the current shell theme. May be
> like the way authentication dialogues are displayed now [1] (I mean
> the window borders and background). This will help in creating a more
> unified experience for the entire OS.

The shell look is actually reserved to the shell and bits that are part
of the "system". So applications shouldn't use the shell theme,
otherwise there's no way to differentiate them.

I'll note that sushi should be using the normal (non-dark) variant of
the theme when playing audio though. I'm sure the jury is still out on
whether it should use the dark variant for office type documents.