Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Sergey Udaltsov
<sergey udaltsov gmail com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Matthias Clasen
> <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
>>  Figuring this out is hard, and
>> involves talking to designers; it will only happen if we put a hurdle
>> that forces people to do it.
> Those words "hurdle that FORCES people" is EXACTLY what I meant saying
> that gnome DICTATES. That's what I am asking to put into the policy
> document, explaining relations with distributions. But it looks like
> there is subconscious anxiety around that - noone steps up to put in
> words the fact that gnome kind of twists hands.

I honestly don't understand. Didn't I just put it in words ? Of
course, I didn't say 'twist hands', since I disagree that that is what
we are doing. I would go for 'insisting on design, integration and
quality'.