Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]
- From: Luca Ferretti <lferrett gnome org>
- To: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- Cc: Sergey Udaltsov <sergey udaltsov gmail com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]
- Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 02:00:55 +0200
Il giorno gio, 12/05/2011 alle 19.12 -0400, Matthias Clasen ha scritto:
> This is really starting to drift into a highly emotional and
> non-productive direction.
I'm not emotional, just a little overemphatic :)
> Not allowing random third parties to put their pet projects
> preferences into the very core of GNOME is very different from
> censorship. It is maintaining meaningful boundaries between what is
> GNOME and what is not.
Then, as I said on another reply, why are gnome-shell extensions allowed
to change gnome-shell so deeply? More, why is gnome-shell providing
support to extensions?
BTW "pet project"... IMHO "pet" is something that plays down the merits,
 see http://intgat.tigress.co.uk/rmy/extensions/index.html
] [Thread Prev