Re: On the Interaction with the design team

On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 07:24 +1200, John Stowers wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 13:42 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
> > Dave Neary wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > So, in short, I would like the design team to act like the gnome-utils team.
> >
> > GNOME design has all the equivalent facilities [1, 2, 3] excluding the
> > mailing list.
> >
> > Again, I agree (and have never disagreed) that we need to do better. The
> > only question has been around the appropriateness of a mailing list.
>
> Does this mean an IRC log/bot is back off the table?
>
> I would be happy to read such logs not for accountability but because
> it allows one to learn how the design process operates (like how reading
> code can be useful as a programmer). It can also be more convenient for
> people in stupid timezones (me).

yesterday I asked the same question (where to follow design discussions,
apart from IRC), and I was told to monitor https://live.gnome.org/Design
and children pages, which is enough to get a peak of what they are doing
indeed.

Also, while I'm not a designer, yesterday I wanted to propose some new
stuff, and it was easy to get the design team to find a solution for
proposals (https://live.gnome.org/Design/Proposals ), so from my (short)
experience they seem to be open to listen to new ideas.