Re: GNOME Moduleset Reorganization vs. L10N

Am 16.10.2010 14:32, schrieb Gil Forcada:
> El dv 15 de 10 de 2010 a les 13:29 -0500, en/na Diego Escalante Urrelo
> va escriure:
>> El vie, 15-10-2010 a las 08:29 -0700, Sandy Armstrong escribió:
>>>
>>> I'm not a fan myself, but I can see how once a project was already
>>> hooked on a Launchpad-oriented process, it would be work to migrate to
>>> GNOME infrastructure.
>>>

>> Agree, how could we shorten that difference? I think this is the real
>> issue, at least for this part of the proposal.
>
> <snip>
>
> All in all we don't score that bad on features, but we are missing a big
> point not shown on the previous listings: integration and self-creation.
>

> = Integration =
>
> All components described above are shown in a seamless integrated
> interface, so jumping from code to bugs and back and link blueprints to
> branches is easy.

You are absolutely right. Most of the pieces are already available but
work as separate, independent parts where each component is not aware of
the existence of others. This makes navigating through a projects
resources difficult.

What I like about launchpad/sourceforge is that it doesn't matter which
project it is, the project's website always looks the same. Therefore,
the link to the bug tracker etc. is always at the same position. Whereas
on projects.gnome.org everything looks different. If we could unify the
websites' layout and put all relevant links like Gil mentioned on the
front page, this would be a big improvement.

In addition, as a maintainer when comes release time you have to
- - upload the tarball
- - tag release in git
- - send announcement to gnome-announce-list and project's mailing list
- - update your website and/or live.gnome.org

If one could do all these things in a single step by just uploading the
tarball (after all, everything relevant should be mentioned in NEWS)
that would be perfect.

I understand that those are difficult and time consuming tasks, but I
just wanted to mention that what I think GNOME infrastructure needs
desperately is integration.

- --
Greetings,
Sebastian Pölsterl