Re: GNOME Moduleset Reorganization vs. L10N

Hi!

Am Dienstag, den 12.10.2010, 18:30 +0000 schrieb Og Maciel:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Kenneth Nielsen <k nielsen81 gmail com> wrote:
> > Implementable workflow (3). (A) again is status quo, not much to say
> > about that. Transifex (C) (afaik*) workflow revolves around
> > downloading po-files and working with those.[...]
>
> Transifex has a web based translation tool that lets you do your work
> online via their online editor called Lotte.
>
> As I'm currently the maintainer of the Transifex appliance, getting an
> instance up and running either on a physical box or a virtual system
> would be quite simple. Fwiw, the Xfce team uses the appliance.

After some thinking transiflex really looks like a nice solution. I
mean, damned-lies is cool but it adds a lot of maintaince work (for
Claude).

Could we install our own transiflex instance on our infrastructure, e.g.
have transiflex.gnome.org or something like that? Can it be integrated
with our LDAP server? Can transiflex commit automatically to
git.gnome.org once we sorted the security things out?

I guess people are still able to update their translations offline with
their favourite editor, right?

Regards,
Johannes