Re: Google Code-In for GNOME: We Need Tasks!

thanks a lot andre for organizing this!

to all others: i really encourage you to prepare some nice tasks for
your project, as it can only result in a win-win situation: you get a
task done and maybe a new contributor, and the student has a possibility
to gain a lot of expertise.

so, what are you waiting for?

On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 16:27 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> [Please strip the CC list in case of category specific answers!]
> Hi,
> some might remember Google's GHOP contest in 2007/08.
> This year it will take place under the name Google Code-In (GCI) from
> November 2010 to January 2011.
> GCI is a "small sibling" of Google Summer of Code for highschool
> students (13-18yrs) and with much smaller tasks in several fields (like
> docu, code, translation, etc). The average amount of time to be spent
> for a task should be about three days.
> For more info please see
> If you have an idea about a possible task, want to guide a student to
> fulfil it and perhaps also want to get new contributors for your
> project/area, please read
> and propose your
> tasks at
>          *** ***
> For an idea of tasks that were available in 2007 see
> Also some old (unused) tasks from 2009 are available at
> .
> Mentors are encouraged to update them and move them to the Tasks
> wikipage if they are still applicable/available.
> (Google will announce the participating organizations after application
> closing on Fri, 29th of October. Afterwards tasks will likely be moved
> to Google's issue tracker.)
> Happy Code-In hopefully,
> andre

this mail was sent using 100% recycled electrons
daniel g. siegel <dgsiegel gnome org>
gnupg key id: 0x6EEC9E62
fingerprint: DE5B 1F64 9034 1FB6 E120 DE10 268D AFD5 6EEC 9E62
encrypted email preferred