Re: Call to maintainers: GNOME 2.31 to ship GTK 2.90

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:32 AM, Josselin Mouette <joss debian org> wrote:

> This is completely irrelevant, since the pieces built against one
> version will use the appropriate types, signals, etc. with the functions
> of the GTK+ version they are built against.

Right, so there will be two completely separate type trees, with
GtkWidget_2 and GtkWidget_3 types. Now...what ?

> Do you really think GTK+ is the first library with which we encounter
> such an issue?

Great that you are an expert in these matters. Then we don't have to
bitch about this, you can simply convince me by demonstrating how well
this works in practice.

Here is the challenge: I want to see a widget tree that contains both
gtk3 widgets and widgets originating from a library linked against
gtk2, and I want to see the app survive global events like a theme
change.

Matthias