Re: GNOME and non-linux platforms (release team please stand up)

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com> wrote:
So if it turns out that the GNOME community like the general direction we've suggested for the control center, then sure, I'd certainly like to see us widen out the discussion to visual panels as well.

Has there been any movement with regard to the mouse-over pop-up menu criticism that I pointed out--that it breaks the metaphor and there's no precedent for it? There wasn't any response on the blog post[1] from the parties involved with creating the mock-up. Another criticism--not mine--was the 90 degree rotated text for category naming. I didn't see a response to that either. Communication needs to be two-way.

[1] http://blogs.gnome.org/calum/2009/07/14/control-center-refresh/