Re: GNOME and non-linux platforms (release team please stand up)

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Lennart Poettering <mztabzr 0pointer de> wrote:

Please don't turn this in pointless and off-topic flamewar about the
point or pointlessness of Solaris.

Obviously the alleged pointlessness of something that we are arguing about is relevant. Whether or not there are--you know--actual people using said OS is what this is really about. And apparently even Sun doesn't think so since they no longer invest the same level of resources in it that they once did. I'm calling a duck a duck here. It's a failure and even Sun knows that it is. There's no reason we shouldn't be scrambling a few eggs on Solaris to advance the Linux desktop experience.

I know you're a veteran of the flame-war (goodness knows you've gotten a lot of practice in the past two years) but don't immediately try to shoot me down with accusations of triviality. Back off.