Re: focus! (was Re: Focusing on innovation re: mono, python et al)

On Jul 18, 2006, at 11:54 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

> Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
>>
>> If that happened, the platform developers would likely have less
>> interaction with application developers on mailing lists like this
>> one. So you'd be more likely to end up like the W3C's HTML Working
>> Group has with XHTML 2.0 -- spending huge amounts of time producing
>> an extremely elegant platform that's useless for real-world
>> applications.
>
> Why would that happen in the event GNOME decides to remould itself
> from being a kick-ass *desktop* to being a coherent platform ?

Because I was using "platform" as shorthand for your "application
development programming context", which apparently excluded
applications ("applications are developed around GNOME core").

I've used only one kick-ass desktop, and that's the one my computers
sit on.

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/