Re: Focusing on innovation re: mono, python et al

> Ubuntu, Gentoo, and the other distros should come with a music editor,
> a video editor, and everything else. The discussion here I believe is what
> should be made part of the basic gnome distribution, and I think that
> music/video editors might not qualify.

That's exactly what I meant. Windows starting to be shipped (well,
starting...) with everything but the kitchen sink, and I hate that too.

Ubuntu would come with a video editor in your setup...and you don't
even *HAVE* a camera...

I don't even *have* a camera, why would I need a video editor???

If you want to leave it all up to the distros then what is the point
of there even being a gnome desktop release? Why should we have any of
the applications in gnome?

Why do we feel we are able to "bless" a terminal program and a text
editor and a clock, but unable to do the same to a video editor or an
audio editor?

You ask:
The question that I'm asking, and which we should be asking ourselves
is, does gnome really need to endorse everything and the kitchen sink in
order to become successfull?

Why do we need to bless anything, if the distros are going to do
whatever they like?