Re: Focusing on innovation re: mono, python et al

On 7/16/06, Hubert Figuiere <hub figuiere net> wrote:
Iain * <iaingnome <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Why do we feel we are able to "bless" a terminal program and a text
> editor and a clock, but unable to do the same to a video editor or an
> audio editor?

There is a huge difference between essential programs (editor, terminal) and
specific applications (photo management, music editor)

Really?
depends on your context...
For some people a terminal and text editor are completely worthless,
but take away photo management....

Once again, who are we targetting with the desktop. Apple know who
they're targetting, which is probably why text editor and terminal are
not high on the list of features.

iain