Re: Replacing control center menus

We've done the same kind of thing (search-as-you-type filtering) with
the "Add to panel" dialog in Ubuntu. The point is not to let the user
remember where the setting he wants lies (does he really care?), but
to let him find it quickly every time. Isn't it fine if he uses the
search box each time? That's usually what I do when adding an applet
in Ubuntu: just type in one or two words then hit Enter. I don't
remember where the applets I want lie and I don't really need to.

I'd suggest if the control center is getting this shell that also
gnome-applets would get the same shell. This way everything is
consistent.

Jaap