Re: Replacing control center menus

Hi!

[Sorry for the duplicate, damn keyboard shortcut...]

Are you actually likely to use any given capplet enough times that you'd
be able to remember where it was between uses?

Also, I don't remember if we're looking at including the SLED
application browser as well, but it works exactly the same way as the
control center does wrt searching, and doing highlighting rather than
filtering wouldn't work well at all there (since there are several pages
of apps).

We've done the same kind of thing (search-as-you-type filtering) with
the "Add to panel" dialog in Ubuntu. The point is not to let the user
remember where the setting he wants lies (does he really care?), but
to let him find it quickly every time. Isn't it fine if he uses the
search box each time? That's usually what I do when adding an applet
in Ubuntu: just type in one or two words then hit Enter. I don't
remember where the applets I want lie and I don't really need to.

Cheers,
Manu