Re: Replacing control center menus

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 16:20 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > I'm not saying this is easy, especially for those coming from different
> > modules, but this would reduce the current number from 24 to 12. Which
> > is quite an acceptable number.
> >

> Hear hear!
>
> also remember that frequently settings can be moved to
> context-appropriate locations such as the file manager or other
> situation where the setting arises, instead of dumping all settings in a
> big central set of prefs dialogs.

But what about those who already know where the settings they want are?
They're going to have to learn all over again, which is a bad thing for
usability's sake. And why might a file manager be appropriate for global
settings? This just gets confusing...

--
Help me get to Venezuela!
http://tibsplace.co.uk/venezuela